Add a meaningful comment and I'll visit your blog and leave a comment. No reciprocal comments for spammers.

Monday, November 29, 2010

What to do....

Am I the only one that can never think of anything to do with my kids? I feel so unimaginative! I want to take them out of the house and do something for free or extremely reasonably priced but there just isn’t enough variety in my head. I say “in my head” because I know there are a wide range of things to do out there… I just can’t think of them. There is the library, 2 childrens’ museums, the zoo, bowling, swimming, the park... then my mind goes blank. Oh! Another unhealthy option is to go shopping to get out of the house. It’s most difficult in the winter. It’s getting to be 30 degrees and below around here lately. Although many people are willing to bare that temperature for extended periods of time, my limit is about 15 minutes.

So if “out of the house” isn’t an option what do we do? What is wrong with me that I can’t think of something fun to d? Sometimes I’d like to throw the tv out the window. I feel like I use it as a crutch. I mean my kids aren’t glued to the tv but it’s always on at least in the background. I find myself Googling “kids activities” or some related keywords in order to find something fun to do. I suppose it’s better than not putting forth any effort in the search of activities that will entertain my kids without allowing them to veg out in front of the tv.

Is it just me? What do you do when you can’t think of anything to do with the kids?

3 comments:

  1. i'm always on the lookout for free things to do with the kids. and since they are 4,3, and 1 it gets hard sometimes but you need to create memories. its not about quantity but rather quality time spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true that it's about quality. They aren't going to care that I spent $0 to play with them all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for the follow I'm now following back!

    I do this too, But when I really can't think of anything.. we simply color, paint or look online for some easy crafts to do. My kids also enjoy "helping" me cook right now, So for them that's an activity in itself!

    ReplyDelete